The Moreno Valley Auto Mall and Moss Bros. Auto Group are proud to support the amazing seniors in our community with eight scholarship opportunities and a new car for college.
The 2019 #ShopMoval Instagram Scholarship contest is open to all graduating seniors enrolled in one of the four Moreno Valley Unified School District Comprehensive High Schools: Moreno Valley High School, Canyon Springs High School, Valley View High School, or Vista del Lago High School, and scheduled to graduate at the end of the 2018/2019 academic school year.
This scholarship is like no other! All you need is an Instagram account and a creative spirit. There’s no essay to write or long boring application to complete. Just show off your love and support for the Moreno Valley community in fun, inventive pics on Instagram. Make sure you tag and hashtag as directed and you could WIN!
How to enter
- Complete the short and sweet online application in full at https://tinyurl.com/MossMVUSD (Requires access from MVUSD)
- Follow @mvautomall and @mossbrosautogroup on Instagram
- Post a minimum of six photos, videos, or boomerangs to Instagram in separate posts on different days at each of the designated photo op locations in the Moreno Valley Auto Mall during the participation window. The participation window is from March 25, 2019 through April 28, 2019. Entrants are encouraged to be as different, creative, and expressive as possible.
- Hashtag each post with the following hashtags: #ShopMoval, #MorenoValleyAutoMall, your individual school hashtag (i.e. #movalhigh, #canyonspringshigh, #vistadellagohigh, or #valleyviewhigh) AND #mvusd
- Tag @mvautomall and @mossbrosautogroup in each post
- Tag each post with one of the six new car dealerships in the auto mall as the location
- Promote your photos to friends and family to earn votes via “likes”.
What you can win/Selection criteria
Three finalists based on votes (50%) and creativity (50%) will be selected from each high school as decided by a panel of judges selected by the Moreno Valley Auto Mall. (12 total finalists.) All finalists will need to be present at the Awards Presentation on [To be Announced], at the Moreno Valley Auto Mall.
One finalist will win one car to be determined in a drawing at the Awards Presentation.
Four finalists, one from each MVUSD comprehensive high school, will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship.
Four finalists, one from each MVUSD comprehensive high school, will be awarded a $500 scholarship.
Entrants are eligible to win only one prize.
Scholarship funds to be paid directly to an eligible education expense. Eligible education expenses include tuition/fees paid to a junior college, college, university, or trade school, books, course or degree related costs such as supplies required for a specific course, or room/board when paid directly to college/university housing, or other charges as defined by the financial aid administrator of your school. Scholarship funds will be paid to your school after your enrollment has been verified. If you have already received other grants and awards which exceed the total of authorized school expenses, this scholarship may be reduced or withdrawn. If you transfer or withdraw from the school to which this scholarship is paid, it must be refunded to Moreno Valley Auto Mall.
It is the recipient’s responsibility to make sure tuition and all other expenses relating to your program and accommodation are paid. It is the recipient’s responsibility to let Moreno Valley Auto Mall know what the payment relates to. This is to enable your academic institution to correctly allocate the payment against your various accounts.
Scholarship funds must be used by December 30, 2019, or funds will be forfeited.
Funds will not be paid directly to the scholarship recipient.
Winner of vehicle is responsible for tax, license, and registration fees. Cash will not be paid in lieu of prizes.
Notification and presentation
Finalists will be notified no later than [To Be Announced]. Finalists must be present at the Awards Ceremony at Moss Bros. Toyota in the Moreno Valley Auto Mall on [To Be Announced].
Participation in the #ShopMoVal Scholarship contest is voluntary.
The Moreno Valley Auto Mall reserves the right to terminate the Scholarship Program at any time.
The Moreno Valley Auto Mall may modify the terms and conditions of the Scholarship Program at any time.